Sunday, January 8, 2012

My first Post

Reading is a hobby that has consumed me since I was young. A couple of months ago I took it one step further and decided to try a book club with some friends. Since we only meet monthly it left me wanting more. So I decided why not share what I'm reading with more people so I can have many conversations about the books I'm reading.

In my first post I decided to discuss a book I've read several times and I'm sure most people have read it as well. The book is "Valley Of the Dolls". This is one of my favorite books of all time. For those who haven't read the book, I suggest you do. I read this before I moved to New York City a couple of years ago. Although New York has changed some, it still delivers such a captivating view of the city. I fell in love with all three characters Anne, Neely, and Jennifer. Although by the end I was quite surprised with the transformation of Neely's character. Which later I read was based upon Judy Garland and Francis Farmer. After reading the book, I also viewed the movie which I wasn't as big of a fan of, but it had Sharon Tate in it which I adore!



Jacqueline Susann who wrote the book is one of my favorite author's and I suggest if you liked "Valley of the Dolls" that you also read "Once is Not Enough" and "The Love Machine".
 Please feel free to send any book suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment